AirBadminton is designed to be inclusive to allow people from all ages, gender and abilities to experience success and fun when playing the outdoor game.
The universal popularity of badminton and its health benefits make AirBadminton an ideal tool to foster the inclusion and wellbeing of people with physical and intellectual disabilities.
It offers tremendous benefits, whether it’s in singles, doubles or triples.
AirBadminton is a fun and exciting game to pick up if you are looking for an activity to boost your physical, mental and social aspects of health.
Main health benefits of AirBadminton:
- Helps maintain adequate body weight. In an hour of play, approximately 450 calories are burned.
- Playing regularly is good for cardiovascular health, reducing hypertension and limiting the risk of blocked blood vessels.
- Helps tone muscles and increase muscle strength.
- Increases endurance and lung capacity.
- Helps improve reflexes, coordination, balance and agility.
- Following the AirShuttle in different directions, speed, height and depth increases visual capabilities.
- Helps emotional wellbeing through the release of endorphins and serotonin.
- Allows social relations among friends to share a moment of fun, and thus, avoid other sedentary activities.
- Inclusive game accessible to people with physical and intellectual disabilities.
- Improves mental health, as well as overall wellbeing, quality of life, happiness and life satisfaction.
- Numerous social benefits like bonding with friends and having the opportunity to meet new people.
- Intra and interpersonal development for young people.