1. About the BWF
- By mail: Badminton World Federation, L29 Naza Tower, 10 Persiaran KLCC, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- By email: [email protected]
2. What is a cookie?
Information may be sent to your computer or mobile device in the form of an Internet “cookie” to allow our servers to monitor your requirements. The cookie is stored on your computer or mobile device. Our server may request that your computer or mobile device return a cookie to it.
Such measures are necessary to allow the BWF to measure the usability of the systems, which will help to continually improve user experience of our online platforms. Your browser software should however enable you to block cookies if you wish to. For more information about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
We may incorporate social plugins for various online social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) into some pages on our online platforms. These services may use their own cookies (third-party cookies) to identify you and track information about your visit to our online platforms.
In general, we use the following types of cookies:
4. Necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the online platforms and use their features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies some features you have asked for cannot be provided.
5. Preference cookies
These cookies allow online platforms to remember choices you make (such as your username, language, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, our schedules may be able to refer to your local time by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located.
These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or downloading a form. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
6. Performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use online platforms, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how online platforms work.
Some of the Performance cookies we use are:
- Google Analytics – Tracks user behaviour on our online platforms, which helps us better understand how users are using them. Learn more at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/, and to opt out, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Google Tag Manager – Tracks user behaviour on our online platforms, which helps us better understand how users are using them. Learn more at https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6102821, and to opt out, visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/7519794.
7. Marketing cookies
These third-party cookies are placed by third-party advertising platforms or networks to collect information about your visits to and actions on certain pages of our online platforms so that they can deliver ads for relevant products and services to you later, such as when you are on certain third-party sites. These cookies also track ad performance.
Some of the Marketing cookies we use are:
- Meta Pixel (Facebook) – Analyses browsing activity across our online platforms to track advertising effectiveness, customize audiences, and improve ad retargeting. Learn more, including how to opt out, at https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/.
8. How to disable cookies
You can stop cookies being downloaded on to your computer through our cookie banner, or by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. However please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. There is more information about cookies, including how to delete them on the website http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
© Badminton World Federation 2022 – All Rights Reserved